Our aptly named Mini Clay Cloth Solstice derives from its release date, the 21st December 2016, the Winter Solstice.
This Polymer Clay Cloth is simply a smaller version of our Clay Cloth Sovereign but utilising the same Polymer Compound found on our Clay Mitt Solar. Due to its size, it's a real joy to use. Developed to offer significant advantages in terms of efficiency, resourcefulness and value for money.
The Clay Cloth Mini offers a thin layer of polymer clay compound bonded to a microfibre cloth which easily and quickly removes embedded contaminants, such as brake dust, tree sap, tar, iron fallout, paint overspray and more! When these bond themselves to your vehicles paintwork, over time they leave your paintwork feeling rough to the touch and mask your paintwork'sclarity and shine; they can also affect how your car wax or paint sealant work when applied as well as providing potential long term damage.
The Clay Cloth Mini does not require 'warming up' like a Clay Bar to make it soft and pliable. Also, dropping a Clay Bar results in it being written off!, if you drop the Clay Cloth Mini it can be cleaned by simply rinsing it thoroughly in water.
Perhaps the biggest advantage is that the Clay Cloth Mini lasts up to 20 times longer than the traditional Clay Bar, is easier to handle than a Clay Bar, it saves a significant amount of time without compromising performance and is much more cost effective.
Is there any downside to the Clay Cloth Mini? Well like all clay products, a generous amount of lubrication is required to prevent marring. These can be dedicated clay lubricants, some water based detailing sprays or simply fresh water with some car shampoo in it. Any marring can be removed with a polish, but with some practice, marring soon becomes a moot point!
Why is the Clay Cloth Mini not graded?The pattern in which the polymer clay compound is applied allows for a reduced risk of marring (see 'New Features' below) and this clever design means that within reason, it can tackle most things on the automotive paint surface. Grading is often an unnecessary marketing ploy!
Polythene Bag Test. You can check how smooth your automotive paint surface is by simply running your hand over the top of it (ensure you are jewellery free) but a neat trick to amplify this is to place your hand into a polythene bag (sandwich bag) and gently rub it over the surface. If there is contamination, then this technique will highlight it far easier than your hand will.
New features include:
New Polymer Clay Compound – Endures heat from sunlight much better preventing compound going sticky.
Coverage – The Polymer Clay Compound is slightly thicker and of higher quality.
Membrane Furrows - These ridges in the polymer clay compound are open pored preventing contaminants from getting trapped
Microfibre – New and improved closed-loop weave to provide more 'bite'
Usability – Superb feedback experience during the claying process, eliminating over usage in achieving the required result and thus saving more time.
Size - Approx 20cm x 17cm
Instructions (See Notes below also)
1. Thoroughly wash the vehicle removing all loose surface contamination.
2. Pre soak the Clay Cloth Mini in warm water and car shampoo prior to use. Wet the cars surface before attempting to use the Clay Cloth Mini using the microfiber side. (Always good to break in by using on the glass first)
3. Without applying pressure, pass the Clay Cloth Mini over the wet surface until the surface feels smooth. The Clay Cloth Mini should be rinsed regularly to reduce the risk of any contamination marring the paintwork.
4. Thoroughly rinse the surface and use a fresh microfibre cloth to dry the area. The surface should be smooth to touch.
5. You now have a clean canvas, perfect for the application of wax or car polish.
6. The Clay Cloth Mini can be cleaned and reused by simply rinsing with clean water and leaving to air dry. You can utilise the sewn in loop to hang. DO NOT MACHINE WASH as this will damage the polymer rubber clay compound.
7. DO NOT WRING OUT as this will weaken the compound.
For First Time Use - It is advisable to break your Clay Cloth Mini in on its first outing. This can be done on glass (suggested rear window). This important step levels the membrane furrows slightly and reduces the risk of marring on first use.
1. Do not use in direct sunlight or on surfaces over 145◦c / 62◦c
2. Do not leave to dry with the advanced polymer rubber layer in contact with itself
3. The Clay Cloth Mini is not solvent resistant
4. The Clay Cloth Company take no responsibility for any damage caused by the incorrect use of our products.